SOLVED

Seeing private documents coming from a collegue's OneDrive

MVP

Today when opening Delve I'm seeing surfaced in Delve private documents coming from a colleague's OneDrive...anyone else seeing the same? Delve is correct and the problem seems to be in my colleague's ODFB since I can see all his files...just verified with other users that everything is correct

8 Replies

Could it be that he put everything in the old known folder shared with everybody..

I guess not but just a thought

No, I'm going to open a support ticket...all his documents are not shared but I don't know why, I'm able to see all his documents with my user

hmm strange interested if they find which issue/feature is doing this.

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
OK, issue identified and solved...just digging into the User Profiles configuration of our tenant, I found I was also a site collection administrator for the ODFB of this colleague...something I was not aware of until I discovered this private documents in Delve. Now I have to find at what moment I was added as site collection administrator and who did it :P.

So luckely it was a admin issue but always strange when you are admin and did not know :)

@Juan Carlos González Martín wrote:
OK, issue identified and solved...just digging into the User Profiles configuration of our tenant, I found I was also a site collection administrator for the ODFB of this colleague...something I was not aware of until I discovered this private documents in Delve. Now I have to find at what moment I was added as site collection administrator and who did it :P.

This functionality has been added to the Office 365 Admin User Controls not so long ago.

When you open the user properties UI you can give you instant access to the users OneDrive (Site Collection) -  basically a shortcut instead of going to the SharePoint Admin Center and manually searching for the user profile and giving you access.

Yes,
I know it, but I'm not aware if I did it this change or anyone else at my company did it
I know, what I've meant to say is it happened to me once as well. Since this functionality is so exposed it happens easily (one misclick :P)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

View solution in original post