PowerBI userprofile images

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I've connected to the User Information List to get data about users. I'm trying to display the profile picture in PowerBI Desktop but it's only displaying as a broken image.

Is there a security setting or some configuration that needs to be updated to get this displaying. I'm using the sam account across the board and can view the images when browsing through IE.

Thanks,

Will

6 Replies
Mmm...I don't think you can get the user profile picture for the user information list...the user profile picture is managed by user profiles service and should be there

Hi Juan,

I can get the image URL but the picture doesn't display, I guess I will need to locate it from elsewhere.

Regards,

Will

Aware I am a few years late to this, but did you resolve? I have the same problem...thanks! @William Wright 

@Richard Thomas Greenwood 

I am another year late on this too.  Same issue.  I get broken links, but if I paste the URL in a browser it works.

Same issue ... URLs are valid and exist but seems like PowerBI doesn't have security access to retrieve and display them @blm001 :( 

@Marc_Koehn 

Check out the blogpost from Shantha Kumar. I had to tweak the initial url for OWA for my organization but the otherwise, the rest of the URL format worked for me. It fetches the Image URL of the Profile Picture of the user from Office 365.

Get User Image from Office 365 (ktskumar.com)