Phantom O365 search bookmarks

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I've started looking into using Acronyms, Bookmarks, Q&A etc in MS Search, and have added some test items. 

When searching, I receive what appears to be bookmarks linking to SharePoint sites that were deleted months ago.  They aren't listed in the Search configuration bookmarks tab, or anywhere else I can see, and come up no matter what I search for.

I thought they were perhaps authoritative pages, but there's nothing listed there.

Any ideas where these phantoms might be configured?

Cheers

Rob

6 Replies

@RobD365 Are there any query rules configured promoting this results?

@Bill Baer , none that I can find, the SharePoint online search settings all appear to be default.

@RobD365 Hi Rob

Are you suggesting that you have deleted the bookmarks and still you are seeing them on Bing?

Or is it on some other canvas - like Office.com, Sharepoint?

Also can you share screenshots if possible?

-Tanay

@tanaybaldua Hi Tanay,

Screen host attached, you can see searching for "PowerShell" returns 2 bookmarks for sites that don't exist.

PhantomBookmarks.png

Cheers

Rob

@RobD365 Hi Rob

You have already confirmed to me that you dont have any bookmarks in the Admin portal --> Microsoft Search --> Bookmarks list. Hope that is correct understanding at my end.

Also can you confirm that there are no Best bets configured in SharePoint.com ?

Coz I am wondering if there are any, those are being triggered in this case.

Waiting for response

Regards

Tanay

@tanaybaldua 

Hi Tanay, thanks for getting back to me.

I don't generally tinker with search settings, so not 100% sure what Best bets are - google suggested they are managed via "Manage query rules".

Looking in Manage query rules via admin.sharepoint.com, all items but one were last modified on the same day - when my tenancy was created. one was created about 2 months later, which has no mention of HR or content types, from what I can tell it's something to do with searching Bing :\

Thanks

Rob