New Delve User Profile and OneDrive assumptions revisited

Deleted
Not applicable

A while back I logged an issue with the behaviour of user profiles and the (false) assumptions that users have their personal OneDrive provisioned. This issue was confirmed and resolved very quickly, which is a testament to the team.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Delve/New-Delve-User-Profile-experience-falsely-assumes-OneDr...

I just want to raise a similar issue here that I added to the end of that thread. In hindsight I suspect I should have made it a new thread in the first place. The new issue is this:

Today on my clients tenant the "edit" link that allows you to edit "Additional Properties" in the profile has stopped working. I have highlighted below... the link looks like a valid hyperlink but nothing happens when one clicks it. This is a big problem as users have no means to edit custom profile properties.

Also note that the users avatar. Unaffected users see the camera icon in the avatar picture but affected users do not. It smells like the same issue as previously reported...  javascript not properly testing assumptions about OneDrive (which many enterprises will roll out slowly)

Paul

NonODUser2.PNGODUser.pngNonODUser.PNG

3 Replies
Mmmm....this is very strange / weird. In one of my tenants, where First Release is enabled, I'm not seeing this Additional information section you have and the Edit button...in regards of de avatar, If I click on it, a new tab opens (I'm using Google Chrome) and the old profile SPO page is displayed so I can change the picture...and of course I can change other properties. Therefore, it clearly seems that the new Delve profile page is far to be finisihed

You only see additional information if you have edited SharePoint user profile properties that are not covered by Delve profiles. Then it will appear.

But if you disable OneDrive on your account, the link will be broken and you cannot get to the old SPO page at all.

Nice to know Paul...and by the way, your comments are aligned what I have said: there is still some room for improvement in the Delve Profile page