Does Microsoft Search search email?

Steel Contributor

In the 'Overview of Microsoft Search' page published on 28 April 2020, it states the following:

'Search across Microsoft 365 from any Microsoft Search box – Users can search from any Microsoft Search box and get quickly back to what they were doing. Microsoft Search brings together results from data sources in Office 365, including SharePoint Microsoft OneDrive for Business , and Microsoft Exchange Server .'

The way I read this is that I can go to office.com and conduct a search and it will bring me back content from all those locations (including people), but it only brings back (without any connectors) Site, Files, People. 

Is it possible (or will it ever be possible) for someone to search their own emails from the office.com search bar? If not, why not? 

1 Reply

@Andrew Warland What’s new for Microsoft Search – Ignite 2020 Edition - Microsoft Tech Community scroll down to the Conversation Search section.  Looks like this is coming for 'SharePoint and Outlook.com' search.  There is an implication in the article that all of these are coming 'this year' -- which at this point is 3 weeks away! We'll see?

(also and btw, one assumes that if this is in SharePoint and Office.com it will eventually be available in Big for Business but we haven't found explicit mention of that anywhere)