Disable Delve for a group of people

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Is there any option to disable or hide Delve for a group of people so that they should not be able to use Delve search or org unit info or hierarchy or content discovery? I need this feature for internal users which arey synced through on premise AD via AAD Connect. Please let me know if this is possible somehow? Thank you.

- Prashant.

7 Replies
AFAIK, this is something that's not currently possible...you can only disable Delve for the entire tenant using the setting you have in the SPO Admin Center

Juan is right but first ask yourself why you want it as you will disable more functionality than just the Delve page.

I am looking for some kind of temporary solution till we have proper setup for business partners collaboration (for e.g. Azure B2B setup or a separate instance of Azure AD to manage all business partners and will only be allowed in external sharing). So considering that if we want to share secret material with business partners then we do not want to use external sharing since we cannot enforce MFA for external accounts. So as a workaround we are OK to create external partner accounts in our AD with E1 license but in O365 they are kind of internal users so they get access to Delve and this is where we need this kind of feature where we should be able to block a group of users to use delve features.

Any updates regarding how to disable Delve for specific users / groups or a roadmap?

I really hope that Microsoft is picking up on this requirement very soon. With GDPR coming up we really need a way to block certain users from Delve/Graph searches, or as @Prashant Gupta is suggesting, grouping external business partners in their own director/directories in Office 365 / Azure AD.

If this is not addressed we are forced to disable Delve in order to become compliant. There is no way we can argue the need to share an entire tenant directory with every single user of SharePoint (including our external partners), it is simply not a responsible way to share our users data.

For anyone who wants to have this address, please vote on this user voice item

I could be wrong but I don't see this happening in regards to selectively choosing who is enabled for Delve/Office Graph.  It's been talked about elsewhere that having more choice is needed for these sorts of requirements you are talking about but there isn't any indication this is changing.  Either way, it would be good to get an official response to this scenario and any particular guidance.

Well, not sure what is going to happen with Delve...but I think you are right and something must be done so Delve and the Graph are both GDPR compliant