Delve showing documents users do not have access to

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We are not extensive users of Delve in my organization, but we had a case today of a user came to me who could see documents showing up in Delve that she did not have access to. The user could not open the documents (she was landing on a "Request Access" page) but titles and thumbnails can already be a lot of information. The user was not a member of the sites the documents were saved in or had not been shared the file with. She did not have any administrator roles, so I have no idea why she could see these documents. It was not consistent either: she only saw documents from a specific user show up (she was not part of his team). Any thoughts? Did this happen to other people as well? I don't want to disable Graph for SharePoint unless it is an actual pattern. 

I also noticed much of the effort has been focused on Microsoft Search lately, not Delve, is the idea that Delve will be decommissioned in favor of Search?

20 Replies

@Claire-Isabelle Carlier That does seem to say that the continuous crawl is done every hour or so. However, it looked like our site had been missed somehow in the continuous crawl and so forcing a re-index of the site ensured it was re-crawled.

I wonder if there is a full-crawl in SharePoint Online to pick up on issues such as this?