SOLVED

Delve roadmap?

Iron Contributor

Delve was kind of the first pass at a display interface for all the cool things happening in the Graph, but there seems to be a slowdown in new development and extending the functionality. I could be imagining that or reading too much into this, but I suspect that Delve's replacement (Delve 2.0 if there is one) is where the development efforts are being placed. Can anyone else confirm this? Are new and better interfaces for the Graph on the horizon?

4 Replies
The graph is being used to populate the new search functionality in SPOnline

Sure, but I was wondering about the overall direction. It seems like the Delve-like functionality (at least the automated search displays) are being refined and will be used in more places, but I don't know if a new single pane experience like classic pure Delve has a future. If one is envisioned, I wonder what that looks like. The O365 profile update page portion of Delve still has a use (a different "action" use and experience than the search result side), so I would think that that functionality would still be around and hopefully improved and expanded in the future as well.  Maybe we'll hear more at Ignite?

best response confirmed by Matt Varney (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hey Matt, check out this thread if you haven't seen it already and the best response for some official commentary:

The Future of Delve

The gist is that Microsoft Graph is alive and well, powering many of the intelligent experiences in Microsoft 365 but as a standalone experience, Delve is less relevant and hasn't received many improvements.  Into the realms of speculation, Delve is being left as it is but is no longer strategically vital as it once was and may well be deprecated, eventually even removed. 

Have a look at the Ignite session catalog or the Office 365 roadmap and you'll see the lack of any mention of Delve as an ongoing product.  For Microsoft's vision check out these sessions, which may be of interest:

The last update of this topic was in 2018 and now in 2021 I just received the admin M365 change about DELVE support for iOS and Android will be removed MC242486. Is it possible that someone in Microsoft can give us more insight about the roadmap for DELVE? Please any feedback will be very apprecaited @Cian Allner

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Matt Varney (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hey Matt, check out this thread if you haven't seen it already and the best response for some official commentary:

The Future of Delve

The gist is that Microsoft Graph is alive and well, powering many of the intelligent experiences in Microsoft 365 but as a standalone experience, Delve is less relevant and hasn't received many improvements.  Into the realms of speculation, Delve is being left as it is but is no longer strategically vital as it once was and may well be deprecated, eventually even removed. 

Have a look at the Ignite session catalog or the Office 365 roadmap and you'll see the lack of any mention of Delve as an ongoing product.  For Microsoft's vision check out these sessions, which may be of interest:

View solution in original post