SOLVED

Acronyms vs Q&A and other new content types

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trialling getting Acronym's, Q&A's and locations setup in our development tenancy. 

All work fine in Bing search, but the acronym's don't work in Office 365 search (in SharePoint organization search). Locations and Q&A's are fine.

Is there something I'm potentially doing wrong?, Is there some magic I need to weave?

Thanks.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Ah, I answer my own question. Acronym's unlike the other search answers has this nugget on the bottom of the page "Q: When will I see Acronyms answers in Office 365 and SharePoint Online? A: Acronyms answers are currently only available in Microsoft Search in Bing. They’ll be rolled out to Office 365 and SharePoint Online in 2020." I guess that being missing from the others suggests that acronym's are special in some way?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Ah, I answer my own question. Acronym's unlike the other search answers has this nugget on the bottom of the page "Q: When will I see Acronyms answers in Office 365 and SharePoint Online? A: Acronyms answers are currently only available in Microsoft Search in Bing. They’ll be rolled out to Office 365 and SharePoint Online in 2020." I guess that being missing from the others suggests that acronym's are special in some way?

View solution in original post