Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Welcome to the Azure Purview tech community!

Microsoft

Azure Purview is a fully-managed, serverless, PaaS unified data governance service to maximize business value of data. Manage and govern your on-premises, multicloud, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) data. Easily create a holistic, up-to-date map of your data landscape with automated data discovery, sensitive data classification, and end-to-end data lineage. Empower data consumers to find valuable, trustworthy data.

To ramp-up quickly, we suggest you visit the Azure Purview product page . Get started with Azure Purview documentation  and view the Mechanics video to see Azure Purview in action and give us your feedback via UserVoice. 

Have a question, comment, or request? Post it right here.

The Azure Purview team. 

3 Replies

@Sumi Venkitaraman Exciting announcement. I am wondering if Data Discovery & Classification that is built into Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, and Azure Synapse Analytics will now fall under the purview of Purview (excuse the pun) or would they remain individual capabilities but Purview provides an overarching capability for these and many other data sources?

@Sumi Venkitaraman Unfortunately it looks like the preview either has a fault is overloaded by people wanting to give it a go.  Two separate attempts to create the Purview Account have resulted in 500 errors when trying to access the portal in West Europe. The resource appears to be created fine but, as a GA, I can't connect and neither can my users with Purview specific roles.

Lee_E_0-1607093911583.png

I'll leave it over the weekend and see if things have settled down.

Thanks, Lee.

@Sumi Venkitaraman , What will happen to the registered data assets and annotations in the current Azure Data Catalog, can these be migrated to Azure purview.