Sensitivity Labels in Purview data map

Copper Contributor

Hallo,

I'm trying to use sensitivity labels in the purview data map. I've done the following:

1. Registered my data sources

2. Performed a full scan and configured daily incremental scans

Assets were found and classified:

5.PNG

After this, I edited two of my sensitivity labels to be available for Purview assets and configured auto-labeling for files and emails and schematized data assets. As conditions, I specified the sensitive information types, which have already been found in my assets.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

However, none of my assets has been labeled. I did this configuration change for my labels 10 days ago. The labels are published to "All users". I manually re-scanned all assets with a full scan.

Any idea on why the label is not applied? All files all located in either Azure Files or Amazon S3 Bucket, which should be supported for labeling.

4 Replies

@tgrenell Yes, I have E5 license, consent for labeling in data map has been granted two years ago and sensitivity labels are configured per requirement.

@MOD-A830 You must run a new scan, changes to labeling are not retroactively applied. 

I ran severall (full scans) since then. The problem seems to be solved since friday, when I onboarded a new source. Once, the new source was onboarded and scanned, all existing assets suddenly showed up with the right sensitivity label. Dont know what's the cause.