Rule based PBI Asset2Collection mapping in Purview

Copper Contributor

Hi community,

I am looking for a best practice to manage assets in collections. Special focus is on Power BI assets as we are currently not able to just select PROD workspaces for scans. We run a weekly scan on PBI which initially puts all new scanned objects into a source related collection called "PBI". Currently this holds >400 objects that I would like not to move manually using the Purview Studio.

So I am looking for a way to distribute the incoming PBI assets to other (sub)collections following gerneric rules - for example depending on the name of the workspace of the related PBI asset. So reports and datasets of DEV workspaces should be moved to subcollection PBI/DEV, TEST to PBI/TEST.

Additionally I would like to notify data curators of business domain collections (eg Controlling) that new PROD assets have been registered and should be checked for metadata quality and if within their ownership, moved to their own collection.

Do you have ideas how to do that? Similar challenges? Does anyone know if there will be a deeper integration of PBI and Purview regarding such obvious relations between PBI workspaces and Purview collections?

Thx for your feedback!

0 Replies