Microsoft Entra Suite Tech Accelerator
Aug 14 2024, 07:00 AM - 09:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Purview DLP Exception Management

Copper Contributor

Hi, what is the best way of doing the exception management in Purview DLP?

We want to have exception for certain block policies, were in would like to have an exception link added in the block prompt, then users can raise exception by using the link further it will go to manager -> ops team review/approval.

How can we add the exception link in prompt and redirect to a web form to raise exception?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Aaron2128 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aaron2128 

You can amend the email notification from the user within this Block Policy in the user email notification section. I've put in an example below.

vicwingsing_1-1708987016032.png

vicwingsing_0-1708986514929.png

Thank you for the clarification Victor.
QQ: how can we stream line this whole exception process, with just-in-time access. when you need you get it then its blocked.

@Aaron2128 

It will be complicated. I've not done it to a client before but one would assume that it will require using both Power Automate that triggers a custom Powershell scripting that will allow for this to happen. This introduces a whole lot of complications for your Security Operations.

It would be simpler if the internal client processes/ policy would be updated instead. I'd ask them to block the emails with exception turned on > so the user will have to explicitly confirm performing this action while this email gets sent to both his Manager + IT Security.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Aaron2128 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aaron2128 

You can amend the email notification from the user within this Block Policy in the user email notification section. I've put in an example below.

vicwingsing_1-1708987016032.png

vicwingsing_0-1708986514929.png

View solution in original post