Data Lineage Not Showing after registering the ADLS Gen2

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have registered ADLS Gen2 data source with storage account and i have set the new Scan rule, After that i am getting the scanned assets count 5k but while checking the Browse Assets tab it is showing only 1.2k records. Also it is not showing lineage information. What will be the expected result?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

@Arvindcxt Data lineage will be available if you use ADLS as a source or sink in Data factory or Data share. Just scanning a Data lake currently does not bring back lineage.

@ChandruS  Thank you for your response. What about the difference of Data assets i am getting after Scan. While doing scan it is showing 6K Scanned assets and when i am checking in Browse Assets or in Insights It is showing only 1k Assets. Can you please help me why it is showing like that and Also if you can help me what could be the expected result after Scanning the ADLS Gen2?

@Arvindcxt We are working on improving this experience. In ADLSGen2 we scan individual partitions but in the catalog these partitions are consolidated as Resource sets. The improved experience will provide clarity on the exact counts across all areas of Purview. Including Scan, Insights and Browse. Stay tuned.