SOLVED

What outside knowledge is required for AI-102 exam?

Brass Contributor

Hello, the page for the Azure AI Engineer Associate certification says, "Candidates for this certification should be proficient in C# or Python and should be able to use REST-based APIs and SDKs to build computer vision, natural language processing, knowledge mining, and conversational AI solutions on Azure." The page also lists a number of learning paths to prepare for the AI-102 exam.

What I'm wondering is: What additional knowledge (of C#, Python, etc.) that is not covered in the learning paths listed is required for the exam? The skills outline document doesn't specify this either.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JoshLalonde (Brass Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution
When you take the exam, you will choose which language (C# or Python) you want to take the exam with. AI-102 is a developer exam with code questions so you need to know how to perform work with Cognitive Services using that language. You also need to know how to call the REST APIs with tools such as curl. For bots there is using the Bot Framework SDK which supports C#, Python, and Node.js
The learning paths probably don't cover this part and you need to do the exercises/labs and read docs.microsoft.com as well as looking at the REST API https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/cognitiveservices/
AI-102 is one exam I really enjoyed, better than AI-100, and I think it is a good test
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JoshLalonde (Brass Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution
When you take the exam, you will choose which language (C# or Python) you want to take the exam with. AI-102 is a developer exam with code questions so you need to know how to perform work with Cognitive Services using that language. You also need to know how to call the REST APIs with tools such as curl. For bots there is using the Bot Framework SDK which supports C#, Python, and Node.js
The learning paths probably don't cover this part and you need to do the exercises/labs and read docs.microsoft.com as well as looking at the REST API https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/cognitiveservices/

View solution in original post