Power BI Lab - Issue with logging into PowerBI.com

Copper Contributor

I think this issue was brought up many times thru the discussion, but I am not able to find solutions.

This is same issue:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-learn/cannot-sign-in-power-bi-account-in-da-100-lab...

DA-100 Lab exercises require student to log into PowerBI.com, but it does not instruct way to do it (except one has work or school email address, but I am not sure how it works if his/her org does not have Power BI account).

Please find attached image where it asks to login.

I am not sure where one could find these info: Enter the account details provided to you.

Please help us.

Thank you!

4 Replies

I realized that one could sign up with Office 365 E3 Trial, and thru the process, one would get an email like "...@...onmicrosoft.com".

That is the way to do it.

This was very helpful.
Many blessings..
Is there no other solution than signing up for a new account just to do the training course? I am a little bit frustrated, that it needs to go this way. Usually, all credentails are provided, so why is it different now?
The training provider should provide credentials when you are taking the DA-100 course. So contact your training provider. The DA-100 course is designed to be delivered as instructor led training
If you are just running the labs on your own then you will need to setup an account yourself.