PL-400 - how essential is: JavaScript, JSON, TypeScript, C#, HTML, .NET, Azure, ASP.NET

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I have passed the PL-900, PL-100 and PL-200 exams and have my sights set on the PL-400 'Power Platform Developer Associate' and notice that:

"your background should include development experience using JavaScript, JSON, TypeScript, C#, HTML, .NET, Azure, Microsoft 365, RESTful web services, ASP.NET, and Power BI."

As I have only really touched on a few of these, I just wanted to ask anyone who has completed this exam how necessary this is. Should I go and study each of these subjects independently before starting the PL-400?

Isn't the point of the Power Platform that you don't need to be proficient in coding languages like C#?

Thank you. 

1 Reply
PL-400 is a developer exam, for developers who extend solutions using the Power Platform. The Power Platform has a very full extensibility story for professional code-first developers to create components and integrations that no code/low-code makers can use
You should not be considering PL-400 unless you are very comfortable a) with coding in C# and JavaScript,b) using APIs, and c) are familar with Azure Integration Services