Now live: Take Exam AZ-800 and Exam AZ-801

Microsoft

Start your journey: Become a Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate.

AZ-800 AZ-801 live LI.png

We’re happy to announce that Exam AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure and Exam AZ-801: Configuring Windows Server Hybrid Advanced Services are now live. To earn the new Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate certification, you need to pass both of these exams.

If you passed either of them while they were in beta, that achievement will be reflected on your Microsoft Certification Dashboard online transcript approximately 10 business days from today. If you passed them both, your new Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate certification badge will also be there.

Don’t forget to celebrate and share your achievement. To add your newly acquired skills and badges to your LinkedIn profile and to help you stand out in your network, follow the instructions in your congratulations email. Or, to share your badge, follow the instructions in your Certification Dashboard.

Considering this certification?

You’re a great candidate for the Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate certification if you have subject matter expertise in configuring and managing Windows Server on-premises, hybrid, and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) platform workloads. You should also have extensive experience working with the Windows Server operating system.

Typical responsibilities for administrators in this role include:

• Integrating Windows Server environments with Azure services and managing Windows Server in on-premises networks.
  • Managing Windows Server IaaS workloads in Azure, in addition to migrating and deploying workloads to Azure.
  • Collaborating with Azure administrators, enterprise architects, Microsoft 365 administrators, and network engineers.
  • Implementing and managing on-premises and hybrid solutions, such as identity, management, compute, networking, and storage.

Get ready for the exams

Are you ready to shine a spotlight on the skills you’ve honed working in hybrid environments? Do you have the experience you need to integrate Windows Server environments with Azure services, manage Windows Server in on-premises networks, and manage Windows Server IaaS workloads in Azure? If so, skill up for the Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate certification and signal that you have what it takes to manage and deploy apps in today’s—and tomorrow’s—hybrid IT environment.

8 Replies

Fantastic news that these are now live. Look forward to receiving the beta results! Have been working hard with exam study for these exams!

Writing the first exam in 3 weeks before my ignite voucher expires :) . Hope to see practice tests soon. Hopefully with time, this will be a single exam or jumped to an expert level exam. The modules on MS Learn really show that this is an expert level exam.

@SandraMarin fantastic news, well done.

I headed to the ESI program site as soon as I read it, but unfortunately I was not able to find neither AZ-800 nor AZ-801 in the Enterprise Skills Initiative: GetCertification page.

I have therefore opened the following 2 tickets with the ESI support:

AZ-800 Exam not available for ESI program discount 

AZ-801 Exam not available for ESI program discount

I reckon it is a matter of perception @valentinoz950. I would agree that the certification could have been at expert level, but most of those technologies have been around for a long time, some for decades, so there is a lot of people which do not see those anymore as being at expert level (I know probably a hundred people who could get AZ-800 without studying, and quite a lot of them also AZ-801). But well, if someone has to learn this from scratch, yes, it took me years :)
@aledeniz that's true. I manage two data centres running windows server mainly and I have more than a dozen MS certs but for what this cert demands and two exams, I think it's more 3 star than 2 star. Just the length and breadth to travel and take one cert. If you look at the MS Partner competency for data centre management you find the Windows Server 2019 assessment and the Azure Administrator. As a partner competence I believe a certain combination that satisfies the requirements should be an expert not just the two exams maybe. Thats the perspective I am taking
Why is a news like this not posted on the Microsoft Learn Blog? I just saw this by coincidence. I do use RSS feeds on MicrosoftLearnBlog, but not on MicrosoftLearn since the amount of posts are to high. Any comment?

@SandraMarin 

I seem to of passed AZ-800 that appears with the Badge.

No sign or anything in my transcript for AZ-801.

But I have been awarded the full certification (Associate Badge)?

So have I passed both or is this a mistake?

Brings back memories of MCSA 70-410