Now live: Exam AZ-305: Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions

Microsoft

Start or continue your journey to become a Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert.

SandraMarin_0-1644339286539.png

We’re happy to announce that Exam AZ-305: Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions is now live. Candidates who want to achieve Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification must earn the Azure Administrator Associate certification and pass this exam.

If you passed Exam AZ-305 while it was in beta, that will be reflected on your Microsoft Certification Dashboard online transcript approximately 10 business days from today. If you already earned the Azure Administrator Associate certification, the new certification badge for Azure Solutions Architect Expert will also be there.

Don’t forget to celebrate and share your achievement. To add your newly acquired skills and badges to your LinkedIn profile and to help you stand out in your network, follow the instructions in your congratulations email. Or, to share your badge, follow the instructions in your Certification Dashboard.

Considering this certification?

Regardless of where you are on your journey, there’s a path for you to earn the Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification. Choose one of the following options:

• If you’re just starting out, earn the Azure Administrator Associate certification and pass Exam AZ-305.
  • If you have a current Azure Administrator Associate certification, you’re halfway there—just pass Exam AZ-305.
  • If you’ve already passed Exam AZ-303, pass the new Exam AZ-305.
  • If you’ve already passed Exam AZ-304, be sure to pass Exam AZ-303 before it retires on March 31, 2022.
  • Pass both Exam AZ-303 and Exam AZ-304 before they retire on March 31, 2022.
  • If you’ve already earned the Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification and it’s time to renew it, don’t take Exam AZ-305. Instead, renew your certification by passing a free online assessment on Microsoft Learn. For instructions, check out this short video.

Get ready to take Exam AZ-305

Are you ready to let the world know that you have the experience and skills which enable you to design cloud and hybrid solutions that run on Azure, including compute, network, storage, monitoring, and security? It’s time to spotlight your solution architecture design and implementation skills and strengths with Exam AZ-305 and the Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification.

8 Replies

Thank you for the post Sandra! Glad to see it is now live. Looking forward to the Exam Beta results !

Thank you! Starting when can we schedule the exam? I just checked and it’s not yet available
Hej,
I Just checked the az-305 page, and scheduling the exam is enabled.
Tag me on LinkedIn when you get your results to celebrate together :)
Hi @SandraMarin,

Hope you're well and keeping safe.

Thank you for sharing the news that the AZ-305 exam is out of beta and now live. However, it still doesn't seem to be listed when I login to my company's ESI (Enterprise Skills Initiative) portal. Please pardon my ignorance but are there any timeframes by when the AZ-305 exam will appear in the ESI portal?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,
Rolf

Hi Rolf (@rolfshroff)
Programs with discounted exams usually take a couple of weeks after we release an exam in general availability to include new exams in the portfolio. I recommend checking on it maybe at the end of February.

Appreciate your prompt response, @SandraMarin; thank you :smile:

@SandraMarin I let my Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate expire 10/2021. My bad. So does that mean I need to retake then pass 305?