SOLVED

How can I link and merge Learn Profiles

Copper Contributor

I want to link a Learn account associated to my work profile to my personal profile.  Due to work restrictions on O365 authentication, I can only link from work to my personal profile.  However, Learn will only link to an account without a registered profile, and my personal profile is where all my work has been done.  I cannot delete my personal profile, and lose all my work!

Is there any work around to this?  For example, I can download my Learn profile data.  Can I create a new blank profile, make the link, and then upload my data to the new profile?

2 Replies

@rooster , I have the same question.

best response confirmed by rooster (Copper Contributor)
Solution

SOLVED - well partially.   What I did was;

• From within work VPN, using work credentials, I logged into Learn and deleted my work related profile.
  • Then from within work VPN, using my personal credentials, I logged into Learn and linked it to my work identity. 
  • Finally, I signed out of Learn, and logged back in with my work identity and verified it was now linked back to my personal identity.

This worked for me only because I had nothing to lose by deleting my work related profile.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rooster (Copper Contributor)
Solution

SOLVED - well partially.   What I did was;

• From within work VPN, using work credentials, I logged into Learn and deleted my work related profile.
  • Then from within work VPN, using my personal credentials, I logged into Learn and linked it to my work identity. 
  • Finally, I signed out of Learn, and logged back in with my work identity and verified it was now linked back to my personal identity.

This worked for me only because I had nothing to lose by deleting my work related profile.

View solution in original post