file: \windows\system32\drivers\windowstrustedTR.sys

Copper Contributor

Hi,

My laptop (hp probook) isn't booting and gives a blue screen with this message:

"RECOVERY

Your PC needs to be repaired
The OS couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.

File: \windows\system32\drivers\windowstrustedTR.sys

error code: 0xc0000102 ..."

I tried to boot from a usb dirve in which i've installed a recovery tool (windows media creation tool) but that didn't help.

Any help, please?

7 Replies
请问您有PE吗
本人建议您可以利用PE系统来修复正常系统的问题和错误

@wwwzzxxcctvoutlook 

Please respond in ENGLISH, thanks.

@Peter_B1941 

Do you have PE? Protection Environment.

I recommend you fix it with PE, or cmd under WIN RE.

I tried that too, it did not work. I did a full reset instead, that fixed it. I did not lose any data.

I could find nothing online about " windowstrustedTR.sys error code: 0xc0000102 ..." 

You mean, you reinstalled the system? Then select the retained data?

The reason you can't find anything about this error code is that the problem has never been seen before, or it's so rare that it hasn't been brought to Microsoft's attention

@Peter_B1941 

Hey men ....how do you perform the full reset without losing any data?? Im currently experiencing a nearly similar trouble likw you was ....exam upcoming and i can't afford to lose all my assignment ....please..

Hello @Serge_M_Shumbusho.

The windowstrustedTR.sys is a Windows file implementing the Windows Trusted Runtime Interface.

Did you try performing an in-place upgrade (i.e.: re-installing Windows over itself)? This should restore all the necessary operating system files while preserving data and applications.

Bye.