SOLVED

DA-100 Labs not working

Brass Contributor

I cannot begin the Lab08A https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/visuals-power-bi/8-lab

getting the error "Hmm, something went wrong, Retry launching lab"

I´ve tryed to do the lab in spanish, in english, with Chrome browser, Microsoft Edge browser and also with Internet Explorer and always get the same error and cannot begin the lab.

Then I have tried to do some other labs I did weeks ago and also get the same error but only in some of them.

Anybody is getting the same and can help me? 

Thanks!

62 Replies

@frangoncab 

Hi there,

Same issues here. 

Some labs appear to work, some will ask me to do a kpatcha and some just won't launch at all.

Have you had any solution to this?

Thanks

Thanks!
I has the same last week - opened previous lab and worked through, but wouldn't let me sign in to Publish or access Data Sets so can't do lab 08A.

How can we get MS to sort this out as time is running out to complete the course...?
thanks a lot!
this is a good solution to use the github local files and the experience is so much better when working locally versus on a virtual machine session, i recommend this to everybody.

There was a known issue with labs last week. This should have been fixed. Are you still experiencing issues?
I´ve just checked the issue with labs continues @allisonkraker
There is no solution yet.
Thanks for checking. Let me investigate on my end.

@allisonkraker I'm finding the Labs are still down whether I try Edge or Chrome, log in to my Microsoft Learn account or my Power BI Service account. I found the GitHub repo for DA100. Are there any directions on setting up SQL Server with the DBs to go along with the instructions?

I also have a problem with lunching lab.
Just heard back from engineering and this should be fixed now. Can you all try and let me know?

@allisonkraker 

Still not working here.  Same error - "Hmm, something went wrong".  I can get a window to open If I click "Retry launching lab" fast enough but nothing happens in that new window.  

It works now for me. Thanks!

@allisonkraker  Please note that the problem still exist. Is it ok for the labs to be done locally to qualify for the challenge or does Microsoft require us to use the virtual environment that they gave us access to?

Kindly advise.  Also is there a resolution timeframe for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

best response confirmed by frangoncab (Brass Contributor)
Solution
We are getting reports that the labs are working again. Go ahead and keep trying and it should resolve soon. For this challenge, you do need to complete within the virtual environment. There are still 7 days left in the challenge and we are actively monitoring this lab issue to make sure it's working for users.
That´s right. The labs are working correctly.

Thanks a lot for your support, Allison.

@allisonkraker thank you the labs are now loading. I have observed that the files I created for the labs I did already are not showing. Does this mean that I have to redo the labs?

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, you'll need to redo the labs in order for the activity to count toward your completion for the challenge.

Good day @allisonkraker thank you for your feedback.  I have redone the labs however, each time I close out by selecting the Done button I loose whatever I do. Note: (There is a tick for the lab though is this sufficient?).The instruction in lab 2 states that to end the lab do the below but I do not see the End Lab option.

"Ending Your Lab

To end this lab, click the menu icon in the upper right hand corner of this instruction window and select End Lab."

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and if not can someone please assist by providing some guidance on how to secure the lab that I have already done? I have redo already and I keep loosing. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

missing labs.png

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and if not can someone please assist by providing some guidance on how to secure the lab that I have already done? I have redo already and I keep loosing. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm having the same problem. I don't know if my advance still counts even though I don't see my saved file in the D:\DA100\MySolution folder when I launch the following Lab.
Please @allisonkraker, could you help us with this?

Neither I can see my previously saved solutions.