Coming Back! Do I dare?

Copper Contributor

Hello Community,

I worked for Intel in the Enterprise Server Division for a number of years before leaving and forming my own tech company in Houston Texas. I went about getting every Microsoft Certification I could get my hands and keyboard on. Then my life almost ended in a plane crash that kept me hospitalized for 39 months after 164 days in a coma due to a TBI. Well, that was all Pre-9/11! Now, after suffering 3 strokes I find myself trying to re-join the Tech Community at an age when most have retired and are sipping Protein Shakes in the Cloud....  Seriously, I'm struggling to understand how things could have changed so much in just a few short years. My first dose of Windows was DOS  followed by Windows 3.1 then 3.11 Windows for Workgroups followed by well, you get my drift. I've been around longer than almost everyone at Microsoft, Yes, Even Mr Gates and Ballmer. Does this mean that I can't re-connect to Microsoft Tech Community to try and Re-boot like we used to do for Blue Screens? I certainly hope so......

3 Replies

Hello @wilengledc10

1st of all let me express that I'm very happy that you fought your way back into life and into IT especially. 2nd Being one of the long term trainers myself I can confirm to you that everything has changed very quickly and keeping up is as always a constant process. But you can build on your previous experience and re-establish your personal brand. I'm sure the tech community will welcome you with open arms.

And If you need s.o. to chat about how to get back on track or understand all this cloudiness ;) give me a shout.

Cheers and welcome back
Rolf
#MCT #LearnWithRolf #TheCloud42 

@Rolf-42 

I would really appreciate some help in getting up to speed with Azure and The Cloud. Seems our organization wants to move away from the Data Center we established several years ago, now that a Major Hospital Chain has made a bid to purchase our entire setup (Including 6 story building which is some 300K Sq Ft and our Storage is needed for Digital Medical Records. Wil

Hello @wilengledc10 

I've sent you a private message.

Cheers
Rolf
#MCT #LearnWithRolf #TheCloud42