Career Changer Seeking Advice on a Pathway towards Healthcare ETL Developer

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I'm an older career changer with no prior tech experience. I'd like to find a learning pathway that will provide me with the knowledge and skills to gain entry level employment as an ETL developer or similar role. My goal is to work in healthcare IT to process the data for the electronic medical record systems.

I've explored the data analytics route and wasn't too fond of making presentations and reporting, however I did take a liking to the tasks such as data cleaning, managing data types and tables. I've been teaching myself T-SQL and I'd like to expand on that by learning how data bases, data warehouses, and the cloud work through trainings provided within the context of the products used by the Microsoft ecosystem as this is what I am most familiar with. I'm motivated, however I lack solid direction as to what I should learn so I can be job ready within 6 months to a year.

If there is anyone in the data engineering/database management field who can provide input, I would appreciate any suggestions as to which courses and any other resources I should review. Thanks for your time!

0 Replies