SOLVED

Can't able to create WordPress website (AZ-900) -> Describe Core Azure Architectural Components

Copper Contributor

I did the following steps:

1. Activated Sandbox

2. Entered into Azure portal. I have got MICROSOFT LEARN SANDBOX under my profile in the top right corner of the page.

3. Create a resource --> WordPress --> Create button

4. Then I got the below-mentioned page

This is how I did as mentioned in the module but I don't get the details such as database provider to fill in.
Please point me where did I go wrong.

Wordpress.png

2 Replies
It looks like the Wordpress ARM template has changed. A number of people are having problems with it. I have reported the issue using the Learn feedback process

Try just using the Web App rather than Wordpress
best response confirmed by VijayalakshmiRamesh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@VijayalakshmiRamesh Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've received similar reports from some other customers as well.

Quoting @ElliottHamai-6773's response from this Microsoft Q&A post:

We recently pushed out a change to the WordPress on App Service creation experience which simplifies the configuration for WordPress. In the old experience you needed to specify database information, but in the new experience that is no longer required. Instead, we now choose a configuration that we know will work well for you to run WordPress with the least amount of issues.

In the meantime, we're also working with the folks who own different learning modules to get their training updated.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your patience.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VijayalakshmiRamesh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@VijayalakshmiRamesh Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've received similar reports from some other customers as well.

Quoting @ElliottHamai-6773's response from this Microsoft Q&A post:

We recently pushed out a change to the WordPress on App Service creation experience which simplifies the configuration for WordPress. In the old experience you needed to specify database information, but in the new experience that is no longer required. Instead, we now choose a configuration that we know will work well for you to run WordPress with the least amount of issues.

In the meantime, we're also working with the folks who own different learning modules to get their training updated.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post