Azure Web App

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

I want to design and deploy a web app (probably for employee time sheet) in Azure cloud from scratch. The app is already developed in .Net and SQL db using. How can I start it on Azure. As I have already done Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate now my next target to do Azure Solution Architect Expert certification.   

Anyone can help me to design and deploy the above said web app.

4 Replies

Hi imran771 have a good day, I´m Pedro Blanco Solution Architect , in azure you have many route for deploy this aplications, normaly the users used two roads:

IaaS : Deploy vms and install SQL Server and IIS rol.

PaaS : Deploy a plan of azure app services an Azure SQL services for you aplication.

in this case is necesarie considerate the workloads and cost both models.

@Pedro_Blanco 

Hi Pedro,
First of all thanks for reply. The second thing i have suggested to my employer is PaaS via Azure App. As earlier i told you that I am Azure Administrator Associate but I now little about solution architect you can say only theoretical knowledge but never deployed it.
Now my employer is asking me to deploy it which I am not confident to start it, so I need help from where i need to start? However i have designed which I can share here with you.

Detailed Pic1.jpeg

Excellent with your photo, I understand your requirement in this case I recommend that you evaluate:

1. How many users access the front-end services daily (approximate)?

2. Does the application of the solution need flexibility and scalability?

3. How much data stored in that database in a year?

4. Do you need high security (recommended) or moderate security?

5. The main question, have you evaluated the annual budget available for this application?

If you answer these questions it is possible, I recommended the best architecture.

only reference you need evaluate your solution in depth.

@Pedro_Blanco 

1. How many users access the front-end services daily (approximate)? It is a time sheet and not sure about how many users will be there, may be in 1000s.

2. Does the application of the solution need flexibility and scalability?
yes it needs both flexibility and scalability.
3. How much data stored in that database in a year?
depends upon number of users.
4. Do you need high security (recommended) or moderate security?
yes it needs security.
5. The main question, have you evaluated the annual budget available for this application?
not yet talked about budget but i have to tell them atleast baseline budget.

Thanks