Auto creation of MS Teams site

Copper Contributor

is there a way to auto create MS Teams site by copying the contents from a reference MS Teams site?

4 Replies

@Balaji_JaganathanWhat do you mean by Auto-create teams... Whenever you create MS Teams, Planner, Sharepoint, or M 365 group... the others are Automatically generated and created.... sometimes you just have to use it once to be activated.... for example, once you create a group the Sharepoint needs to be visited activated and same for Teams you have to click on teams and being the owner you can create Teams using Existing group....

if you want to create all at once try to use the group's section in Admin center not in Exchange since the above steps were for Exchange that you have to separately use/active each... while if you do it from Admin Center > Groups you have the option to create teams while creating the group....

@PDostiyar  What i meant was auto creation of MS teams site based on certain milestone.  I am trying to automate  project management process where in once mandatory checks are completed, a MS teams site is created for project execution.  Hope i was able to articulate my challenge.

Depending on where you complete those mandatory checks (a SharePoint list for instance), you can absolutely trigger the creation of a Team with a specific setup, but you most probably will need a developer to write the code require to create the Team...an alternative you can explore is if with Power Automate you could achieve the same

@Juan Carlos González MartínThanks for the information besides it can also be done using the Graph API Here is the docs for it... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/teams-create-group-and-team

@Balaji_Jaganathanbut as Juan mention, you will need a developer for it...

Here is another usable Article that shows with help of Flow, Sharepoint list, PowerApps, and Graph API it is still doable.... follow the articles and the steps this will surely give you what you are looking for...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/How-to-provision-team-with-Flow/ba...

please share with us your updates on how it worked for you.....