Adding members to one team, but they were added to all teams

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm using the free Microsoft Teams account. I created a team with some members.

Later, I created a second team, and invited a few others to this team as members.

People in the first group can't see the second team, so it is as expected and intended. But people I just invited to the second team are also added to the first team. I don't know why...

I removed one from the first team. He told me that he could still see the first team, just not being able to see what's in it.

So, what is the cause of the problem?

How to invite people only to the second team, not to the first?

When I invited people to the second team, I was operating within the second team. The invitation window for putting emails shows the title as the second team.

4 Replies

Never mind. Just saw that the first team was set as "Org wide".

I think this is cause of the problem.

Hello @martinacc

Sorry to disappoint you but this is the Microsoft Learn community and is not exactly specialized on your topic/question. Although one or the other MCT specialized in this technology could be visiting this community I have the feeling that your question should be posted in the respective community.
Thank you for your understanding. Here is the link to the community:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/ct-p/MicrosoftTeams

Cheers
Rolf
#MCT #LearnWithRolf #TheCloud42 

Thanks, @Rolf-42. I was lost. I thought I could post here, since I was trying to "learn" to use an MS app.
Will post there if I have any other questions related to Teams.

Hello @martinacc

No problem and I understand the confusion. There is a lot of stuff around the learning topic like certification, preparation for it etc. This is what this community is about. But sometimes one of the trainers, like me, are able to answer the technical questions because it is their expertise. So we have quite a mixture here. If a question is not answered in a certain amount of time I try to help by pointing to the other communities. 

Cheers
Rolf
#MCT #LearnWithRolf #TheCloud42