20H2 Update broken my laptop

Copper Contributor
So 3 days ago I’ve updated my laptop to the newest 20H2 update and as of updating it, my laptop is now over 10x slower than it was prior to the update. My laptop is 4 years old, it’s been fixed around 2 years ago (new hard drive) and it’s been working perfectly fine ever since it was fixed up until this new update I had completed due to it saying 1909 was going out of service. All updates were successful first time, and it took around 3 hours tops as my internet was a bit slow on my end. However, after a complete restart, now 5 times after the update my laptop still takes 5x more time to turn on than it ever had before, as well as Microsoft teams which led me to being late to school meetings, etc.

I’ve checked for any extra updates, and in the settings it says there are none. I was here for 75% of the updating time, and none of the updates failed or messed up during the process, once it was updated it turned on and worked perfectly until I restarted and ever since it’s been god awfully slow and caused me to be late for school teams calls etcetera.

Anyone know any substantial fixes to this?

p.s I have not done an sfw scannnow as I fully assumed that would highlight corrupted files, however as far as I am aware the update ran smoothly and did not display any issues. I’be turned off all background apps upon restart, same scenario. I’ve checked for viruses and malware, same scenario. My laptop is just god awfully slow.

Any fixes, I’ll be here for any updates! Hoping to get this fixed as this week is rather busy :grinning_face:
0 Replies