SOLVED

Windows registration

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to setup Intune for Windows devices and something does not work. When user is tring to enroll in device management, I receive an error:

Eric_Krava_0-1643741616756.pngEric_Krava_1-1643741655184.png

I have the same error message when I try it on a home computer that is not the domain member.

Any ideas? Can someone help?

22 Replies
best response confirmed by Eric_Krava (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Harm_VeenstraI missed it, thank you. Now I have the following message. Do you know why? I do not think that all users should have Microsoft accounts. The user name is correct. I can log in to my workstation, email, anywhere else, but not here.

Eric_Krava_0-1643744761730.png

I have the same issue with my other accounts.
You have to have a Microsoft account in a Microsoft tenant which has a Intune license assigned, does your account exist in one and is it licensed?
This is a business account and all users are in M365 and are licensed for Microsoft Intune.
Ok, are the enrollment settings in your tenant configured for everyone to enroll their device? Mdm scope?
Sorry, I am new to Itune, and I am unsure what you are asking me about. Under Enrol devices, Enrollment device platform restrictions, I see that "All Users" are set, and all platforms are set to Allow.
Thank you. Which section should I check?
The upper one, is it set to all or some and if so, are you member of that group?

@Harm_Veenstra The link that you sent me, takes me to this page. What should I check here?

Eric_Krava_0-1643746844464.png

Automatic Enrollment is set to all, but I am trying to manually register at this time.
Suddenly, the workstation that is on domain was able to register. I am not sure why.
External workstation still has the same issue.
But you just created the dns record? Could take some time, perhaps reboot your computer for the dns cache to clear? But your computer is already registered to ad? You have to join azure ad and there should be a deployment profile for you too and a enrollment status page. Not sure what state your environment and your computer is in :grinning_face_with_sweat:
I tried rebooting and it did not help. When I try to ping those records, it can find them.
Also, how long does it take for device to show up in the Endpoint portal?
If enrollment went OK, not that long. Is the device visible in the Azure portal (Azure Directory / Devices) and is it registered or joined?

@Harm_Veenstra It is in Azure AD, but it is not showing up in Endpoint. In fact, in Endpoint it says that there are no enrolled devices.

Eric_Krava_0-1643750157818.png

Eric_Krava_1-1643750205247.png

It's registered, not joined. When you choose to join work or school, you should be able to choose that. https://xenit.se/blog/2018/01/05/join-windows-10-computer-azure-active-directory/#:~:text=Open%20Set....
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eric_Krava (Copper Contributor)