Windows AutoPilot - Failed to Install last app (alt+tab shows Visual C++)

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone.

We're running a deployment of Windows AutoPilot (we've done for a fair chunk of clients now successfully) however, we've one instance that we're not able to get around.

On installing the apps it sometimes (Behaviour 1 below) fails on an app. Some times it goes through fine but prompts for install once completed deploying (Behaviour 2 below

Behaviour 1 of 2: While deploying and on the Enrollment Status Page - it is showinf 7/8 apps installing, and then after an hour or so it fails. If I press and hold ALT+TAB while it is on the deployment phase of the apps. it shows Visual C++ 2010 in the background trying to prompt the user to accept the license tersms and requing user to click install. - Even though you hold down ALT+TAB you can't actually switch to this to continue to accept the license and install the Visual C++ installation.

You are left with the deploying failing and the user needs to click "Continue anyway" at the bottom. When you click continue anyway, it opens up the desktop and you need to then accept the license terms and install Visual C++ 2010.
20200310_124225.jpg

Win Version 1903

Behavious 2of 2: While deploying and on the Enrollment Status Page it passes 8/8 apps and then goes straight to the desktop desktop and you need to then accept the license terms and install Visual C++ 2010.

Win Version 1909

I understand one of the apps ovbiously requires the Visual C++ to install - not sure how we bypass this behaviour so there is no need for user intervention to complete this part.

Many thanks for reading through.

A

3 Replies

@Adam Weldon-Ming 

Hello, 

What is the list of application you trying to install?

I think one of your application try automatically install the Visual C++ Runtime.

You can split your application in two apps:

1. App xxx
  2.  App Visual C++ Runtime 

And add Visual C++ Runtime  in dependencie of your application xxx

Regards, 

Julien

Julien

Hey Julien,

Thanks for the response, I am going to try this out.

Essentially 3CX Phone App requires Visual C++ 2010 and 2015 in the install.

I will try installs for these and add them as installs and set them to install via dependencies before 3CX

Best,
Adam
Hi Adam,

My advice is to disable ESP because it takes forever and user shouldn’t have to wait or see the page, especially if it shows errors which often happened. You can disable it Windows Enrollment->Enrollment Staus Page.

For Visual + 2010, I had similar experience with it, because I didn’t have anyways to push it silently (MSI or Exe), I’ve decided to add it to OEM image from Manufacturer.

It’s workaround but it work like charm!

Good luck!

Moe