Windows 10VM can't be connected after joining Azure AD

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I've created W10VM from Azure AD portan and already enabled Azure AD login, added the user as Virtual Machine Administrator Login under Access Control. 

When i join the machine to Azure AD, i've no problem to sign in by using the Azure AD account. But after a while, it will disconnect me. Then there is no way that i can connect to the VM again even i restart the VM. Same issue happens when i login by using company portal.

May i know any tricks that i need to do in order to make it work?

thanks

Terence

5 Replies

Hi @Terence2022

Did you enable a firewall policy or the Security baseline?

Are you using a Hyper-V VM? If so, are you using an enhanced session?

Kind regards,

Rene

HI,

Could you provide us with some errors you got when trying to rejoin. What kinda device configurations have you deployed?
There should be something in the aad logs...
Output of the dsregcmd /status

Thanks for all prompt reply.

The VM provision is done at Azure Portal. I chose the image as Window 10 Enterprise and used all default setting. Region is on UK South. I also enabled Azure AD login. Everything was smooth and i was able to login the VM. After that, i clicked setting and connect to input Azure AD account. Again, everything was smooth. But later it would disconnect me. I tried to reconnect but never succeeded. Even i rebooted the VM, problem was still the same. Below is the error that i got during using RDP to connect

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

1)Remote access to the server is not enabled

2)The remote computer is turned off

3)The remote computer is not available on the network

Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.

I tried to delete the VM and recreated again. Everything when i tried to join the Azure AD, i would experience the same problem. I've already added the Azure AD user to the Virtual Machine Administrator Login but i won't help.

In Azure AD portal, i found the VM is under Azure AD registered and not compliant. 

Welcome for any idea to solve the problem

thanks

Terence

Thanks for all prompt reply.

The VM provision is done at Azure Portal. I chose the image as Window 10 Enterprise and used all default setting. Region is on UK South. I also enabled Azure AD login. Everything was smooth and i was able to login the VM. After that, i clicked setting and connect to input Azure AD account. Again, everything was smooth. But later it would disconnect me. I tried to reconnect but never succeeded. Even i rebooted the VM, problem was still the same. Below is the error that i got during using RDP to connect

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

1)Remote access to the server is not enabled

2)The remote computer is turned off

3)The remote computer is not available on the network

Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.

I tried to delete the VM and recreated again. Everything when i tried to join the Azure AD, i would experience the same problem. I've already added the Azure AD user to the Virtual Machine Administrator Login but i won't help.

In Azure AD portal, i found the VM is under Azure AD registered and not compliant.

Welcome for any idea to solve the problem

thanks

Terence