Windows 10 multi-app kiosk mode - Teams desktop app

Brass Contributor

I want to build a Windows 10 kiosk, showing 2 apps: Edge and Microsoft Teams desktop app. I've tried using the multi-app kiosk configuration in Intune and publishing Edge is no problem, but I don't succeed in publishing the Teams desktop app.

Either it's telling me the AUMID is incorrect or when I try to publish it as an Win32 App nothing shows up. I've solved it for now by using the Teams web app in Edge, but the customer wants the desktop app so I have to figure out an other way of publishing it.

7 Replies
Sorry that you've not received a response yet. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be of much help as I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to do the same thing. I'll be watching this thread, hoping for both of our sakes that you get an answer.

@Steve Whitcher I convinced the customer to do some tests with the Teams web app and afterwards they let me use this one instead of the desktop app. 

Thanks for the update. I'd prefer the desktop app, but in my case I may have to go with another option anyway. The other app I need to run is web based, and doesn't support Edge. If I'm going to have to go with a browser that isn't directly supported by intune's kiosk profiles, I may as well go another route for everything.

@bjcls Hello,

i know this is old but I'd like to show my solution:

Add Teams by Using Win32 App:

Path: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\current\teams.exe

AUMID: com.squirrel.Teams.Teams

It will work.

@V4lmont Hi, Thank you for your reply! It's a while ago, but I'm still interested in your solution. Back then we used the Teams web app via Edge as a workaround, but then we ran into an issue that the session will disconnect after a certain amount of time. Our final solution was using VMWare Workspace ONE instead of Intune to create the multi-app kiosk mode :sad:

In what user context do you install Teams: (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\current\teams.exe), because with the multi-app kiosk mode I can't choose a user to logon? 

@bjclsHow did you get Teams to show up in VMWare Workspace ONE? We've been trying but from everything we've tried, the tile just won't show up.

Hi @mythnubb, it's been a while and I'm no longer working for this customer so I can't check the configuration we've made back then.