win32 apps only report install pending

Brass Contributor

Is anyone else noticing win32 reporting a status of install pending even when you confirm the app installed and was rebooted? We have a ticket open on this and were told its a known issue that will be fixed in an upcoming release but can't tell us when. 

2 Replies

MMm... .. that sounds like to say it in dutch "met een kluitje in het riet sturen" :) . As I am not seeing it in any tenant we administer.. so that is a little bit strange. 

Looking at the apps we are deploying they do show up as installed. Could you tell us more about the app itself and the detection rules etc? Are msi (lob apps) working/reporting like expected? 

@Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

We had win32 packages that have worked for months that just stopped updating the status when they were deployed to new machines.

I'd seen a service alert in the Intune portal about this issue that it was related to a bad CDN that was being used and that it had been addressed. But we were still seeing the issue. We have a ticket open, I just wanted to know if others were still experiencing it.

The primary package right now is an update to the VMware horizon client that we need to push but don't get status back on, so we are waiting for our full production roll out.

We don't have any LOB apps to compare.