Tech Community Live: Microsoft Intune
Mar 20 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Update device configuration Profile

Iron Contributor

We have created a device configuration profile to ingest Onedrive ADMX.

Those admx ingestion only contains the policies to silent config Onedrive.

I know want to replcace the xml with a new xml that has more policies so i can configure known folder move.

When i do that de admx is not loaded on the targeted devices. Instead i get an event ID 454 error.

What am i doing wrong?

Logboeknaam: Microsoft-Windows-DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider/Admin Bron: Microsoft-Windows-DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider Datum: 8-9-2018 11:06:28 Gebeurtenis-id:454 Taakcategorie: Geen Niveau: Fout Trefwoorden: Gebruiker: SYSTEM Computer: xxxxxxx Beschrijving: MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID: (E60DE700-BEFA-43C6-90F3-8F8906C7BB83), Enrollment Type: (MDMDeviceWithAAD), CSP Name: (Policy), Command Type: (SetProperty: Format or Type change), Result: (./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/ConfigOperations/ADMXInstall/OneDriveNGSC/Policy/OneDriveAdmx). Gebeurtenis-XML: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider" Guid="{3DA494E4-0FE2-415C-B895-FB5265C5C83B}" /> <EventID>454</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-09-08T09:06:28.706361600Z" /> <EventRecordID>20531</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="6180" ThreadID="5128" /> <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider/Admin</Channel> <Computer>XXXXXXXXXXX</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="Message1">E60DE700-BEFA-43C6-90F3-8F8906C7BB83</Data> <Data Name="Message2">MDMDeviceWithAAD</Data> <Data Name="Message3">Policy</Data> <Data Name="InternalCmdType">9</Data> <Data Name="Message5">./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/ConfigOperations/ADMXInstall/OneDriveNGSC/Policy/OneDriveAdmx</Data> <Data Name="HexInt1">0x86000011</Data> </EventData> </Event>

2 Replies
I have additional information. I did a test with another admx ingestion (Google Chrome admx) After the ingestion was succesfully implemented i removed the configuration profile. The i watch the eventviewer what would happen. In the eventviewer i noticed remove the policy would not remove the admx ingested policies. Instead there was a error. So somehow it is impossible to remove or change an ingested admx. Is this a know bug? MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID: (E60DE700-BEFA-43C6-90F3-8F8906C7BB83), Enrollment Type: (MDMDeviceWithAAD), CSP Name: (Policy), Command Type: (Clear: first phase of Delete), Result: (./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/ConfigOperations/ADMXInstall/Chrome/Policy/ChromeAdmx).

Hi Roland,

I need to investigate how to correctly overwrite or delete an existing ingested ADMX policy, but in the meantime a working way is to ingest the new ADMX with a new identifier and then address the new one during configuration:

Ingest the new ADMX file:

./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/ConfigOperations/ADMXInstall/OneDriveNewNGSC/Policy/OneDriveNewAdmx

Config it via new Identifier:

./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/OneDriveNewNGSC~Policy~OneDriveNGSC/SilentAccountConfig

best,

Oliver