Uninstall application that was installed as a Win32 intune.win application

Copper Contributor

I used an application called Actual Installer Free/Trial to package a link to our company SharePoint online with a custom icon image for our team to access an excel file easily with the link. I used Exe to Msi Free to convert the created .exe to a .msi so the intunewin application will actually package it. The detection rule works properly and the application installs with the successful install. I now need to uninstall it so I can change the link as for some reason the original link no longer works. Don't even ask about doing an upgrade because I have no idea how to do that.

Sure I would love to know how to use PowerShell for all of this.

But I don't learn via videos. Or really by speaking to me. Show me. Don't tell me.

I learn by reading a complete guide on every step and then do it myself over and over again.

Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Side Note

Why did Microsoft have to make so many things with absolutely no step by step guides?

1 Reply
I found out part of the problem why it won't uninstall using the normal procedure in endpoint manager.
The .msi product code stayed the exact same as a previous iteration of the application.
The new version installed properly without an error code because the detection rule was setup properly for it. It just won't uninstall because of the old product code.
It will properly uninstall if the Uninstall.exe for it is ran from the product install folder. It just requires admin rights to run.
So I have to find a way to run a script with admin info pre populated to run the Uninstall.exe in the application folder.

Moral of the story.
If you are not an application developer or powershell scripter don't try this.