SOLVED

Unable to target Android devices with Conditional Access - Bug?

Steel Contributor

Trying to create a CA policy to target just Android devices, but there seems to be a bug in the settings interface that's preventing it from working.

I'm setting a Device platform condition as follows, only to include Android, and to Exclude none.

BobManjoney_1-1634754194481.png

However, after saving the policy and coming back to it, it has altered the settings to exclude additional platforms - including Android - which obviously makes no sense (you can't both include and exclude simultaneously):

BobManjoney_2-1634754421939.png

Those excludes were magically added after saving/coming back and I can't seem to get rid of them. 

Before I submit a ticket, I would appreciate it if anyone else out there could confirm whether they see this behavior. I'm using MS Edge Chromium, latest stable release, if that matters..

Thanks,
Bob

3 Replies
Hi,

Just did a lot of tests but it seems to be working like it should. What happens when you create a new policy, Or change some other settings in that config.

And maybe try to change the policy from portal.azure.com instead of the endpoint manager?
best response confirmed by Bob Manjoney (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Thanks, @Rudy_Ooms_MVP!

I found my problem. When I create policies, I typically start them out in "Report Only" mode, which enables a default choice to exclude Android, iOS and macOS. Completely missed it. Duh! :)

BobManjoney_0-1634766112457.png

Hi,

Thats quit funny I wanted to send that screenshot in the first place... but i thought it was so obvious when you get this notification what it does, it couldn't be the issue... :) sometimes the solution is easier than you might think. Thanx for replying back
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Bob Manjoney (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Thanks, @Rudy_Ooms_MVP!

I found my problem. When I create policies, I typically start them out in "Report Only" mode, which enables a default choice to exclude Android, iOS and macOS. Completely missed it. Duh! :)

BobManjoney_0-1634766112457.png

View solution in original post