Unable to open Intune App Utility

Copper Contributor

Hello Team,

I have download the "Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool-master" from the link https://github.com/Microsoft/Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool and i am trying to use the file: Intunewinapputil.exe in windows 10 1803 32 bit operating system. It gives me an error stating the file is not supported. Please help me in resolving this issue and how to launch the application

9 Replies
Strange, have not used it on 32 bits. Have you tried to install on 64 bits? I can’t see why it doesn’t work on 32 bits!

@Moe_Kinani Yes i am able to install it on 64bit and setup is running successfully. I have tested and converted a package to intunewin Format.

I have used 1803 64bit machine for installation

Hi @Rahul9588,

the tool is build as x64 tool and will not run on x86. Please use a x64 device to convert the packages.

best,

Oliver

@Oliver Kieselbach Thanks for the Quick response. We have a requirement for build Intunewin App for 32-Bit environment, is there way to build tool X86 version.

Hi @Rahul9588,

actually Microsoft did not released the source code, just the Tool itself. The intention for this is unclear but as long as we don't have the source code I don't see any chance to re-compile it.

best,

Oliver

@Oliver Kieselbach Thanks for the response, but i am working on 32-bit product and I would integrate the Intunewin on my product. 

@Oliver Kieselbach  Is there way to read the output message from tool during conversion process in c#?. Please refer the attached screenshot.

I have tried couple of sample examples but wasn't successful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Sangamesh_gouri,

this can be accomplished by redirecting StandardOut and StandardError This way you can easily start a process and get all output back to your .NET program.

That's what you are looking for:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.diagnostics.processstartinfo.redirectstandardoutp...

best,

Oliver

@Oliver Kieselbach Thanks for the link . i have tried example from msdn link provided by you. But still it is not updating the console output. Please find the attached screen shot for error message below is code i tried along few other samples i analyzed.

namespace ConsoleApplication1
{
using System;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
string source = @"D:\Packages\MSIs\7zip920X64\";
string primary = @"D:\Packages\MSIs\7zip920X64\7z920-x64.msi";
string output = @"D:\Packages\MSIs\7zip920X64\Output";
string arguments = $@"-c ""{source}"" -s ""{primary}"" -o ""{output}"" -q";
string toolPath = "C:\\Current\\Common\\Tools\\IntuneWinConverter\\IntuneWinAppUtil.exe";
using (Process compiler = new Process())
{
compiler.StartInfo.FileName = toolPath;
compiler.StartInfo.Arguments = arguments;
compiler.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
compiler.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
compiler.Start();

Console.WriteLine(compiler.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd());

compiler.WaitForExit();
}

Console.ReadLine();
}
}