SOLVED

Unable to find OneDrive settings on Intune Administrative Templates

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to enable OneDrive for business along with silently activating known folders. However, on Device Configuration profile- Administrative Templates, I don't see any OneDrive specific settings. Is this the right place I should be seeing OneDrive settings?

7 Replies

@Ambarish Haridathan Hi, not all of the settings are currently placed in the right folders - I've managed to find it under 'All settings'

Annotation 2020-04-25 211213.jpg

Thanks, so the search is not working! I found the entries, thanks again!

I applied the policy but trying to figure out how to get the OneDrive client to login the current logged in user silently.

I could see the option as below:

In that it says the use who joined the pc to domain will be signed in silently, but I need the current logged in user instead.

At the moment, the user has to open OneDrive and enter his/her mail id, just want to make it seamless and silent in the background

2020-04-25-ODFB-Signin.png

@Ambarish Haridathan I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

Hi,

on an Azure AD joined (AADJ) device the following policies (Intune/Administrative Templates) will exactly do what you want. Each AAD user logging on the the device will get his OneDrive silently configured:

Silently sign in users to the OneDrive sync client with their Windows credentials: Enabled
Silently move Windows known folders to OneDrive: Enabled

I can't tell if this statement is true for hybrid devices but for AADJ it is definitely working as you would expect.

best,
Oliver

@Oliver Kieselbach 

I mentioned this setting on my previous post, but confused about the statement on that option.

This setting lets you silently sign in users to the OneDrive sync client (OneDrive.exe) with their Windows credentials. If you enable this setting, users who are signed in on the PC with the primary Windows account (the account used to join the PC to the domain) can set up the sync client without entering the credentials for the account.

My understand was that it will only enable the admin user who joined the pc to the domain, not the actual currently logged in user and so haven't enabled this setting yet.

best response confirmed by Ambarish Haridathan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Ambarish Haridathan,

yes I totally understand, but regardless of the statement I and many others using this setting and it is working for every user flawlessly. I think you can safely use it to accomplish your goal.

Oliver

@Oliver Kieselbach Thanks!

I just tested it for a user and it works as expected. For another user, unfortunately OneDrive is missing, now need to figure out how to ensure that the user has OneDrive and if not force install it. May be an intune app policy, need to check that.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ambarish Haridathan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Ambarish Haridathan,

yes I totally understand, but regardless of the statement I and many others using this setting and it is working for every user flawlessly. I think you can safely use it to accomplish your goal.

Oliver

View solution in original post