Troubleshooting OneDrive Configuration Profile

Copper Contributor

I have an issue with a particular device where it isn't applying a OneDrive configuration profile correctly. The configuration profile itself is configured as follows - every configuration within this policy appears to apply except for "Silently move Windows known folders to OneDrive" in that it never redirects My Documents, Desktop etc to OneDrive:

image.png

Is there any way of doing any troubleshooting on the client to find out why this particular configuration item within the policy does not apply? If this was a Group Policy configuration, I could use gpresult or rsop to find out a potential issue, but I can't now use these tools with an MEM configuration profile applying to the workstation.

1 Reply

Hey @Robert Milner,

follow the step by step guide here to get a MDMDiagnostics report via settings:

Diagnose MDM failures in Windows 10 - Windows Client Management | Microsoft Docs

it will be saved here in the end:

c:\Users\Public\Documents\MDMDiagnostics

In addition have a look here: 

• Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostic-Provider

There are typical processing errors logged in regards to MDM policy processing. The best location to get insights for this kind of issues.

best,

Oliver