Suddenly Win10 Company Portal showing no apps available to you

Brass Contributor

Since early last week I have been reviewing a strange issue being observed.  All of a sudden some users have reported not able to see available applications in the Company Portal.  These are being reported by existing users who have application assignments set and are still a member of.  Some have shared that after a day or so that the company portal applications did reappear again.  

We have an open case with Microsoft but find this to be super odd and suspect that there is something going on possibly with Microsoft service or product itself - in this case Company Portal.   This is not happening with all users just random users which again some now have applications showing up again

6 Replies
Hi, Just to be 100% sure . There arent any other exclusions groups or filters or something like this
What happens when you add a new simple app and assign it as available to all users? Does synching the device in the company portal app still works ?
No exclusions are in play. We have at least a handful of standard applications that are set to “all users” that are not showing up anymore. It’s again random to select folks who are having this - not all. If I add those with this issue to new available apps they do not appear either.

I’m able to do company portal syncs successfully. In the MEM you can also see managed apps listed that are assigned. It’s the oddest things and not making any changes to our environment thinking this is something within Microsoft that’s occurring and should go back to normal once remediated.

Figured let me see if anyone else is also observing this.

@Miguel Sanabia 

Hi

To be sure this is also not the case: ( I had it when switching devices a lot :) )
https://portal.manage.microsoft.com/apps wasn't showing my apps and my company portal was also behaving weird... I clicked on the button on the bottom and selected my device.

Rudy_Ooms_0-1627475898199.png

Otherwise kmaybe posting it op twitter and tagging the intunesupport team?

@Rudy_Ooms_MVP  Interesting, as I didnt think to look into that and see.  Funny feedback as I left my three devices that were all showing no available apps on overnight.  Unlocked them this morning, launched CP and now all applications appear again.   This is why this issue is so odd as the apps disappear and return without doing anything other than waiting.

I will rebuild these three again to try and reproduce the issue.  If I am able to will take your advise and see if thats now a likely cause.   Thanks!

Hi, very interested in the outcome. Please share the results :)… maybe it can help out others with the same issue
Hi, I have seen this issue as well. I did create a new group and add the user into that group to publish a new app. I don't know if that caused some sort of weird issue? Very strange. After some reboots / syncs they appeared again.