Shared PC mode with Fast sign in

Copper Contributor

I've been trying to create an intune win10 device policy that enables shared PC mode with fast sign in but haven't had much luck.  Can anyone shed some light on what steps are involved to get this feature working properly?  I did notice in the authentication CSP documentation that a pre-configured local profile needs to be setup but I can't locate any documentation on how to actually do that.

So far I've created a shared PC policy with shared PC mode enabled and fast sign in enabled, assigned to my test system which applies the policy, but then nothing really happens.

The goal is to see if this can be a replacement for auto login systems in healthcare.  Would love any insight from someone who successfully got this working!

2 Replies

@LS593872 

Hi

What do you mean be nothing happens??

Is the policy applied to the device??

The goal is to see if this can be a replacement for auto login systems in healthcare.  Would love any insight from someone who successfully got this working!

Share PC mode is not a replacement for autologin, a login is required it is just faster for a new user as all new users is using the same windows profile as a copy for new users.

If you are looking for autologin maybe the KIOSK in single or multi app mode is better for your scenario??

Kind Regards 

Per

@perlarsen1975 

The policy is applied but when attempting to login, the only credentials that are accepted are the ones of existing local user accounts (domain or AAD aren't accepted.  My goal is to get rid of the auto login setups I have by replacing them with this fast sign in option.  My users are ok with signing in once so I'm hoping this will fit the need.