Self Deploying Shared machine on lab machines

Copper Contributor

HI,

I am testing out autopilot and shared pc mode on local lab machines in out library. I am having issues when it get to the esp page on the machine. It get passed the device preperation phase, but gets stuck at security policies in device setup page. I also tried to not showing esp page and priority is one and I a assigned to the group the machine is in, but it still comes up. I am new to endpoint management and trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Is there anywhere I can look to help trouble shoot this issue?

6 Replies
Hi.... to setup the Kiosk device/shared pc did you configured the autopilot self deploying mode (as you also used that in your title :) )

Hi
Yes I did I setup autopilot deployment profile and a shared pc configuration policy. I also set up the enrollment status page policy to not show and assign it to the group the pc is in but it still gets the default. Which I find weird.

Are you testing it on a virtual machine or physical?

It is a physical machine Latitude 5580

Jsmc5676_campbell_0-1645548930200.png

Jsmc5676_campbell_1-1645548989877.png

@Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

"the pc is in but it still gets the default " as in the default autopilot profile. how did you assigned the self deploying one?

Did you take these steps like described below?
Just like described here: https://bloggerz.cloud/2019/09/23/windows-autopilot-self-deploying-mode/

Sorry, what I meant by that was I created a Enrollment status page profile to not display and assigned it to the group the computer was placed in. 

Jsmc5676_campbell_0-1645553249843.png

But it was still getting the default Enrollment status page profile.  After reading the article I found out it is aimed at users and not devices which could be why it didn't work. Even if I change the default to not show in the default it still does on the computer when enrolling.

I have the self deploying assigned to the lab device group that the computer is currently in. The group is not dynamic like was in the article. 

Jsmc5676_campbell_2-1645556239786.png

@Rudy_Ooms_MVP