SOLVED

Schedule PC reboot via Endpoint

Brass Contributor

Dear All,

How do Schedule all windows devices to reboot with a warning message via Endpoint?

Thanks,

6 Replies
best response confirmed by saf-cop (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @saf-cop ,

they are couple of ways, but this is what I use. Make sure you target devices you want.

This setting sets a Onetime reboot on a schedule we set via Custom OMA-URI setting. This creates a Scheduled Task on the device to trigger “deviceenroller.exe -ForcedReboot” at the scheduled time.

1.Go to endpoint.microsoft.com

2. Navigate to Device configuration ->  Profiles -> Create profile > Add.

OMA-URI: ./Vendor/MSFT/Reboot/Schedule/Single

DataType: String

Value : 2022-04-30T20:00:00Z

Note: The Value must be in the above format and it is in UTC. Convert the value according to the required time zone and apply

3. Assign to the group where the enrolled user is present. If it is user less device, assign to the device group.

4. Trigger Sync on the  device.

5. You can see the schedule on the device as below under  Task Scheduler.  (On Windows 10 Desktop only)

Microsoft\Windows\EnteriseMgmt\<EnrollmentID GUID>\Reboot

6. Device will show a display pop up notification at the scheduled time and will reboot after 60 Seconds.

Powershell script + Schedule task

How?

@RJMonk03 

If I scheduled a single reboot at 3 pm and the device was down, it will reboot after becoming up?
Hi @Adin_Calkic

Thanks for your solution on this. I have similar requirement where we wanted to restart/reboot the devices at least once in a week but also we wanted to give a time for users to extent that reboot period for example time is schedule 4 PM and user should get pop-up to extend it to next 24 hours or minimum as we setup in the configuration so it that possible using this method?

@VinodS2020 

Were you able to find a solution of your client machine reboot requirement ?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by saf-cop (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @saf-cop ,

they are couple of ways, but this is what I use. Make sure you target devices you want.

This setting sets a Onetime reboot on a schedule we set via Custom OMA-URI setting. This creates a Scheduled Task on the device to trigger “deviceenroller.exe -ForcedReboot” at the scheduled time.

1.Go to endpoint.microsoft.com

2. Navigate to Device configuration ->  Profiles -> Create profile > Add.

OMA-URI: ./Vendor/MSFT/Reboot/Schedule/Single

DataType: String

Value : 2022-04-30T20:00:00Z

Note: The Value must be in the above format and it is in UTC. Convert the value according to the required time zone and apply

3. Assign to the group where the enrolled user is present. If it is user less device, assign to the device group.

4. Trigger Sync on the  device.

5. You can see the schedule on the device as below under  Task Scheduler.  (On Windows 10 Desktop only)

Microsoft\Windows\EnteriseMgmt\<EnrollmentID GUID>\Reboot

6. Device will show a display pop up notification at the scheduled time and will reboot after 60 Seconds.

View solution in original post