Resuming Quality updates in Intune

Iron Contributor

Recently we have paused a quality update for Windows 10 because of an issue with one of our application. After that issue was solved we hit the resume button in the update ring in Intune.

I was expecting that as soon we resumed the quality updates, the pause period would be disabled on the devices, but we noticed on the devices that updates are resuming after the default period of 35 days and not immediately.

Is this normal behaviour?

23 Replies
Hi, This would be in the Reports/Endpoint analytics/Proactive remedaitions part
Great article
Thanx for your kind words!

I paused both Quality and Feature updates for 3 days and resumed them but very few devices are updating according to my Update compliance reporting. I have verified the keys for pause and time are removed automatically. Devices are not updating but if I manually run an update scan on one it will install updates no problem. I can only presume although there are nothing in place causing a pause it wont resume checking for the 35 days reported. 

I am in the process of pushing an quality update expedite to get the units up to date. hopefully they will then decide to pick up other updates they need.