'Required' App Assignment and iOS issues

Copper Contributor

I am new to Microsoft Intune, and I have a few questions around deploying apps using the 'Required' App Assignment option of Microsoft Intune.

We are planning to push-deploy Line-Of-Business apps to company devices(specifically iOS phones and iPad) using Microsoft Intune. However, we are worried that if by setting the App Assignment as 'Required', we may hit some issues:

a.  Insufficient disk space - if the employee's phone does not have enough space on the phone, will they be hit by an endless cycle of Intune asking them to install the app, and the installation fails due to lack of space? I am hoping that Intune is smart enough to realise that if the disk space is not enough, it will fail the installation and log it on the server-side of Intune, where we can intervene and help the employee out.

b. Choose to Install:  Does the employee get to have a choice of cancelling the app installation, so the installation stops and they are no longer asked again to install the app?

c. Installation Attempt numbers: In iOS installation, is there a number of retry attempts, before which no more retry happens? Ex: intune tries to install the app five times, after which it stops asking user?

Thanks for your response.

2 Replies
Hi Codespeak,

Here is a good article that I used in the past. For custom IOS apps, you can’t install app size more than 2 gb. Intune should be smart enough and fail if the device does not have enough space.

Use Apple Business Manager (supervised) for silent installation.

Hope this helps!
Moe

https://www.manageengine.com/mobile-device-management/how-to/silent-installation-ios-apps.html

hi @Moe_Kinani,

Thanks very much for the responses and link. 

It has enough information for me to progress further.

Regards,

Jack