Report on a device's recent check-ins

Copper Contributor

I have the need to run a report for all of our corporate devices in Intune to show the most recent checked-in user.  Right now, the only place I see the info is if we use the Intune for Education portal.  When you go to the  record,  under details you see:  Properties, Device Actions, Recent check-ins

I haven't been able to find anywhere to report on that field - have tried graph explorer and PowerShell.  The data must exist somewhere, any help you can provide would be appreciated.  

PS - this is similar to a thread from 2019, but no solution was found, thought I would bring it back up.  Thanks

4 Replies

@nicklatronica Try using this:

https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/deviceManagement/managedDevices?filter=devicename eq

The beta version of the graph API returns a hash table that has the last checkin userid and time.

Just found this myself as I was looking for the same thing as you.

Hope this is helpfull.

Regards

Doug Gelling

Norrcom ICT Support

HI,

Something like this?

connect-msgraph

Get-IntuneManagedDevice | Where-Object {$_.operatingSystem -match "Windows"} | select-object * | sort-object userdisplayname | Out-GridView
Hi Rudy, that will only report the devices primary user, not the last person to checkin.
You would need this:

install-module Microsoft.Graph.Intune (if not already done)
Update-MSGraphEnvironment -Schema beta -AppId 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
connect-msgraph
$Users=Get-IntuneManagedDevice -Filter "deviceName eq 'xxxxxxx'" |Select usersloggedon
foreach ($user in $Users.usersloggedon | sort -Descending lastLogOnDateTime) {
$user.userid
}
Of course you will then need to translate the userid to a display name.

Regards
Doug
Hi,

Ah I forget the update-MSGraphEnvironment part, you would need this indeed

Update-MSGraphEnvironment -Schema beta -AppId 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000