SOLVED

Remove Samsung Free Android Application using Intune

Copper Contributor

We are attempting to completely remove "Samsung Free" from some new A7 tablets using Intune.  Since this app is not in the Google Play store, I can not figure out how to add the application to Intune so we can manage it (i.e. remove it).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hi @tevery123,

try this:

• Add an Android App
  • For the App type select Android Enterprise system app.
  • Then as a package name type: com.samsung.android.app.spage
  • Finally assign the app as Uninstall
    • Note: First assign it to a test/pilot group with some devices. If it works as expected, go ahead and assign it to all devices where you want to remove Samsung Free.

2022-06-13_22h44_44.jpg

Here are the app details:

2022-06-13_22h46_08.jpg

If you want to find out the package names, then install the app "Package names" from the app store to one of your test devices. This app will show you all apps and their package names.

Are you using Samsung Knox? Because there's also another way to do this if you are using Samsung Knox. Using Samsung Knox you can enroll devices to Intune without any of the bloatware that comes pre-installed.

Hope this helps

Oktay

Thank you Oktay! We are using Samsung Knox. What would be the alternative solution?
best response confirmed by tevery123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tevery123 

You will have to create a profile in KME and disable all system apps. Also check out the MS docs here.

Please note: When you disable all system apps, you might end up, disabling more then you intended to. So if you need the Gallery for example, (which is also a system app) than add it  to Intune like I showed you before, and then deploy it to your devices. If disabling all system apps is a bit to much, then go for the first option I showed and uninstall the apps you want to remove.

Hope this helps

Although I have to say, it's been a while since I've tested this with Samsung Knox and KME. Just make sure you test the profile on a test device, and make sure it works like you want it to ;)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tevery123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tevery123 

You will have to create a profile in KME and disable all system apps. Also check out the MS docs here.

Please note: When you disable all system apps, you might end up, disabling more then you intended to. So if you need the Gallery for example, (which is also a system app) than add it  to Intune like I showed you before, and then deploy it to your devices. If disabling all system apps is a bit to much, then go for the first option I showed and uninstall the apps you want to remove.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post