SOLVED

Remove Personal Devices

Iron Contributor

Hey there,

Before I started managing the Intune space, a couple of users logged into our Azure AD and got enrolled in Intune from their own devices. Now I can see ~10 devices that are personal devices but they're part of Intune which means they're being managed by WUfB and getting some corporate software installed. In a couple of cases they've even uploaded their BitLocker keys. What is the safest way to get those device out of Intune without causing issues for their devices?

TIA

~dgm~

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DGMalcolm (Iron Contributor)
Solution
If the devices are not meant to be managed, then you can safely delete them from Intune. Making sure that this doesn’t happen again, you can block the enrollment of personal windows devices in Intune device platform restriction policy.
I have the same issue and am wondering if it is best practice to Delete or Retire devices from the Intune Portal?

I'm very cautious as I do not want to affect the ability for users to be able to log into their devices afterwards.

I certainly do not want to perform a Wipe as there is no company data to protect in this case.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DGMalcolm (Iron Contributor)
Solution
If the devices are not meant to be managed, then you can safely delete them from Intune. Making sure that this doesn’t happen again, you can block the enrollment of personal windows devices in Intune device platform restriction policy.

View solution in original post