Possible bug found with App Protection and Teams

Copper Contributor

In the last 2 weeks started seeing this, and have tested in 2 tenants and both doing the same.

Only happens on Registering / App Protection Policy applying.

Tim_Beer_0-1654607333872.png

The Encrypting Teams message just doesnt go away and only way to get around it is quit teams and reopen.

You can wait 30 mins / an hour it doesnt ever complete

Wondering if Encryption is actually applying and or if its just a bug with latest Teams

Happens when a APP is applied to Teams and only on Android

7 Replies
Did not see this in the tenant I use and manage. Can you share your config?

Yes only things on are

Prevent Cloud Backup

Prevent Save except to OneDrive Sharepoint

Encrypt Org Data

All the rest is on allow so share data from apps etc all allowed Print Allowed

Even Require Pin is on not required

Hi @Tim_Beer, I can't reproduce this. If you can, than I would start thinking about contacting MS support, but perhaps someone else has seen this too. Sorry I can't help you. If you do have more info, than please share so we all can learn.

Thanks so much for testing this Oktay, so weird I could not get it to do this for 2 days and have registered several times since.
Then today I was actually removing MAM and opened Teams and got the spinning Encrypting your data. I have contacted MS last week who are looking into it. wish I knew if Intune was doing this or Teams itself

@Tim_Beer 

I also experienced the same issue after Teams app updated on the background on my Android phone. What helped was to reinstall both teams and Company Portal app that is needed for it work in my office. Re-installing Teams only didn't work but Company P{ortal app solved it for me. 

@SubAstral This worked! thanks a lot!!

@Tim_Beer 

I am getting error while opening Teams-in Android mobile. It is showing encrypting after 1 hr also.I see quick message and disappear in 30 sec. Encryption is failed in data base. Can you please help me resolve.

Best Regards,
Satish